If you follow me on almost any other social networking site, you might know that yesterday I dyed my hair!
Changing my hair colour to ginger has been something I've wanted for almost a year and I finally (kind of) succeeded yesterday.
I did attempt it at christmas, however not enough of the red dye came out of my hair and when I dyed it a copper colour, it sent it back almost the same as it was previously.
I took pictures of (most) of the steps I took yesterday to get my hair ginger (well orange).
First I stripped my hair (twice) with Goldwell Colour Remover. I have to say, every time I've used this it's not stripped out as much colour as I've desired. I'm not sure whether it's because red is such a *excuse me* bugger, to remove or because I had a lot of colour build up but it just did not strip enough colour out (which is the error I made last time, at Christmas).
I also will add that I put cling-film on my hair and added heat with a hair dryer - I have no clue if this helped, but my mum said it would!
I then bleach-bathed it (twice) which involved 2:1 shampoo: bleach ratio.
|1st bleach bath - sorry I didn't photograph the 2nd because it was late|
Then it was time for the dye!
|it was sooo bright|
Obviously, this whole process has dried out my hair etc. But, surprisingly it is still in quite good condition. I also have 3 different hair masks to put on it in the next few days - which I'm hoping to blog about!