Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Best of the Dorothy Perkins Summer Sale

Dorothy Perkins Summer Sale


There are a few things in life I love more than a sale (ever wonder why it was retro AND THRIFT?) so here's my best picks from the current Dorothy Perkins sale! Thank me later. 

1. BEACH/DAY DRESSES


Dorothy Perkins have some amazing day dresses on offer my favourite is probably the Watermelon Sundress which would be perfect for a day on the beach or a picnic in the park. Other dresses that caught my eye was the Polka Dot Bandea Dress, brilliant to slip on around the pool, the Pinstripe Pinny Dress and the one featured in the first picture - the Ivory Rose Cami Dress. They're all under £15 in the sale so it wont matter as much if you get sand on them! 

2. BARDOT TOPS


A bardot top is a great way to add a retro twist to any outfit! DP have a few on sale including a black and mint green or if you fancy something a bit more intricate they also have a gorgeous pink lace bardot!

3. SKIRTS


Dorothy Perkins never fail to disappoint me when it comes to skirts. I love their midi skirts especially, they nip you in at the waist giving a very 1940s/50s feel! My favourite at the moment is their Meadow Floral Midi Skirt but I also think that their Ruby Rocks Plaid Midi could be a great summer staple. Another mid-century favourite is the pencil skirt and DP have a lovely daisy print one for just £12.80

4. SHORTS


I always feel anything high-waisted gives a lovely vintage feel and I managed to find a few high-waist shorts whilst browsing the sale. I settled on three favourites, the tropical ones give a great "tiki" vibe and I could definitely see myself in the red floral pair on a hot day; the denim pair are a summer must-have for festivals and travelling!  

5. SUNGLASSES


No summer post would be complete without sunglasses!  I especially love the Extreme Cateye pair as well as the 70s style Cateye style that comes in Rose and in Tortoise

6. OCCASION DRESSES



Finally I thought I'd add in some occassion dresses. Summer is usually the season for dressing up, whether it be at weddings, the races or summer proms and balls. DP have some stunning ones on offer including my this gorgeous Green Shimmer Maxi Dress and going along with the metallic theme this blush and silver pleated dress. For a summer wedding I feel this gorgeous Billie and Blossom Floral Pleat Dress or the Floral Maxi Dress would look amazing. Last but not least I spotted this gorgeous Polka Dot Pencil dress for those who want to go all out with a classic 1950s look! 


Did you enjoy this post? Would you have picked differently Please let me know in the comments or on twitter!

Follow Retro and Thrift on BloglovinLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on TwitterFollow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and Thrift

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...