Monday 21 March 2016

Spring Shower Routine

Has spring finally sprung? I'm not convinced. The aesthetics of spring and Easter seem to have arrived but I'm still roaming around my house in my onesie. Anyhoo, it is the time to be getting ready for warmer days right? And that means an updated shower routine!


1. BODY BRUSH

I'm still using my body brush from the Body Shop that I mentioned in my Winter Shower Routine. Body brushing is a great way to increase circulation and decrease your chances of cellulite - which is important when the sun is fast approaching! 


2. SHAMPOO 

It would be weird if shampoo wasn't involved in a shower routine! I'm a huge fan of Herbal Essences and I always seem to go back to them, however I've only recently tried their "Clearly Naked" range. The 0% silicone will hopefully mean my hair colour will last a little bit longer - we'll have to see.

3. BEE-AUTIFUL

Continuing the Herbal Essences love, I am also loving their Bee Strong hair mask. Not only does it smell divine, but it really keeps my ends conditioned and smooth in the transitional weather. 


4. GET THE FLORALS OUT

Whilst the hair mask is soaking in, I've been using this gorgeous lavender body wash by Argan +. Its floral scent screams spring-time and the 'calming, relaxing cleanse' definitely appeals to this third year uni student! I was kindly gifted this at the recent #HBMarchMeet


5. DE-FUZZ

Also from the recent Hull Bloggers meet up I was lucky enough to receive this little gem! I've always used a Venus razor, however never one of the moisture bar ones. Venus and Olay teamed up to make the ultimate, moisturise-as-you-shave, razor and I can vouch that it works a treat. I'm not too sure how long the moisture strip will last, and I think a downside to this would be having to change your razor head more frequently - however as you don't need a separate shaving cream it is probably worth it. It also comes with a really useful holder that sticks to your shower wall.


6. SCRUB

I'm not sure about you but after a long winter in leggings and thermal tights my legs are in great need of a good scrub. This Cocoa Brown 'Tough Stuff' scrub is actually for wearers of fake tan however I find it works well on paste-y legs too! I actually got these samples for 30p each from Superdrug - they're handy to pop in my bag when I stay over at my boyfriends. 


7. MOISTURISE

After all that scrubbing you'll be in need of some serious re-hydration. I love this fruity Baylis and Harding body lotion at the moment. Its promised 'flower therapy' is bound to get you in the mood for spring, whilst the peppermint is really energizing. This actually came part of a giftset from the spring Hull Bloggers meet - I always associate Baylis and Harding with gifts but now I will keep my eye out when treating myself too!


8. A FLASH OF COLOUR?

Although I don't think I'm quite ready to become a 'golden tease' just yet, this Crazy Angel gradual tan is something I'll be trying out this spring. It actually smells a lot better than a lot of the tan I've tried in the past so that is a good sign and with ingredients like vitamin E and shea butter my skin will be left really soft! Thanks #HullBloggers for letting me try new things! 

Follow Retro and Thrift on TwitterLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on Bloglovin'Follow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and ThriftFollow Retro and Thrift on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...