Tuesday 20 September 2016

9 Reasons Why I love Autumn.


For those of you that know me well, you will know just how much I love autumn. Seeing as though it’s been put on hold this time round (please go away 30 degree heat in September!), I thought I’d cheer myself up by thinking about why I love the season so much.


1. Colder weather

I may sound like a bit of a spoil sport but I do like the cold weather. Not so much the rain and the wind that comes with it, but give me a cool, crisp morning any day of the week. I really hate being a sticky, sweaty mess (which is what I currently am in this late summer weather.

2. Autumnal colours

Probably the main and most obvious reason why people like myself love the season is the vibrant colours that nature brings. I love the oranges, yellows, browns and reds that fall from the trees during these months – they brighten up my day more than the summer sunshine ever could.


3. Halloween

Being a former emo kid of the noughties, of course Halloween was going to make it onto this list. I love to dress up anyway, and it’s even better when I get to be something spooky. Halloween has probably been one of my favourite times of the year since I can remember and will always hold a special place in my heart.


4. Oversized scarves, oversized jumpers, oversized everything

Who doesn’t love a good jumper and scarf combination? This time of the year is the perfect opportunity to layer up and keep cosy – nothing beats wrapping up and watching the fireworks, whilst clutching onto a hot chocolate in a polystyrene mug.

5. Hot drinks.

True, I drink hot drinks all year round, whatever the temperature outside. However, there’s something about curling up with a mug of tea in the cold evenings that hits the spot every time. And don’t even get me started on the seasonal flavours!

6. The dark nights.

Lighter nights are something that I genuinely love about summer, but once the evenings start to pull in come September, I get a warm cosy feeling in my stomach. I also enjoy how shocked we all get when trying to adjust to the clocks turning back: “God it’s 4pm and its already pitch black outside!”

7. Pumpkins.

I already mentioned Halloween I know but I love the aesthetic of pumpkins. True, they’re a bugger to carve and very impractical after they rot away on your porch, but I still love pumpkins – who doesn’t?

8. Comfort food.

Time for cottage pies, roast dinners and lots of gravy. I never really fancy any of these sorts of things during the warmer months but once it’s cold and dark outside nothing beats it.

9. Back to school

This is an odd one. Autumn 2016 is the first year since I was probably 3 years old that I am not going back to school (or Uni). As sad as it sounds I love the buzz of starting a new year, the new stationary, getting back into a routine etc. But, this year I guess I won’t be experiencing any of that…I can still buy new stationary though, right?

What's your favourite season and why? Let me know in the comments below.


Follow Retro and Thrift on TwitterLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on Bloglovin'Follow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and ThriftFollow Retro and Thrift on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...