Monday 5 September 2016

Keeping It Casual With H&M

Sometimes wearing cinched in the middle dresses and vintage inspired cuts just isn’t feasible, especially during the summer or for more casual occasions. I’ve always loved H&M, and if I’m not wearing a cute 50's dress, I’m usually in something from the Swedish high street chain. Here is an example of one of my more ‘dressed-down’ outfits. 




I have a few pairs of these loose fitting jersey trousers now and have been loving them on warmer days where I want to opt for something a little more relaxed. They’re basically my answer to joggers, as I always like to stay a bit smart even if I’m just nipping to the shops. Here I have paired the patterned pants with a cold shoulder jumper, also from H&M. However I have also sported t-shirts and vest tops with the comfortable leg wear.

They’re elasticated waist has been a godsend for me whilst battling post-graduate weight and adjusting to a new work/life balance after leaving the student bubble. Meanwhile, the relaxed fit on the leg makes them cool enough for summer days without me having to resort to shorts.


I think they’ll be ideal for the transition between summer and autumn, a time of year I always look forward to. I’m a sucker for over-sized jumpers and scarves! In the meantime, however, I have paired this outfit with some cat-eye sunnies, ballet shoes and my thin lines flat orb necklace from Vivienne Westwood.

What's your go-to high street chain? Let me know in the comments below!


Follow Retro and Thrift on TwitterLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on Bloglovin'Follow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and ThriftFollow Retro and Thrift on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...